Sunday, August 21, 2011

Zebra Stripes!

Today was the first time I have ever been inside a Dollar General store. I will most likely be making a stop there again. We passed on our way home from church and my dad decides to check it out. Probably because we've been going to the same church for four years, have passed that dollar general every sunday and wednesday for four years, and have never once been inside. So today we made that pit stop. For the most part, it was unimpressive. Kind of a scaled down Walgreens or CVS, though I'll admit they had a pretty imposing dog food selection. I wandered around for about three minutes before stumbling upon the non-refrigerated foods area of the store. Now, I'm on a swimming diet, but that doesn't mean I can't longingly admire Coconut M&M's or products made by Elves that bake inside of trees. So, there was I, in Paradise Isle (get it?) wishing for something I couldn't have, when I spotted it. A remnant from my childhood, a memory from when I was between the ages of 6 and 11. Zebra Stripes Gum. If you are unfamiliar with the principle of Zebra Stripes, it is deliciously fruity flavored gum that has Zebra temporary tattoos on the wrapper. The area below my thumb is now proudly sporting a surfing zebra, until I shower. This discovery of gum may have no impact on your life, but for me, it transformed "just another day" into "A fucking incredible day". So good, I needed to use profanity. I think i'll put a skateboarding zebra on my wrist now. bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment